Note: Troubleshooting methods for an EFILE error code may vary depending on the tax year. Commencing with the 2019 tax return, the CRA has renumbered several line items and error messages may not be relevant for the tax year you are working on.
Review Chapter 2 of the CRA guide to see the latest error messages.
ProFile users encounter an Efile error 80010 when they EFILE a return with a T1163.
This is due to the input of business-use-of-home expenses on the same form as the T1163.
Per the warning message on the T1163, the return must be either paper filed or the preparers must claim the business-use-of-home expenses on a second t1163 for EFILE.
To create a new T1163 and EFILE with business use of home expenses:
- Navigate to the T1163.
- Note down the business-use-of-home expenses.
- Clear the section by manually removing the numbers entered in the section.
- Select the option New Form under the Form dropdown menu in the top toolbar.
- Enter the mandatory information.
- Complete only the business-use-of-home expenses section.
- EFILE the return.