Note: For tax year 2019 and forward, preparers should use the Consent Authorization request or Business Consent Cancellation request form for EFILE. Review the current method of EFILE, or read about the change on the CRA website.
All preparers need to complete an authorization request on the CRA's Represent a Client website in order to access client information online.
Note: Form RC59 can no longer be used to authorize online client information access. Preparers can still use form RC59 to request access to client's information. However, the access provided by the CRA will be by telephone or mail only.
Complete an online authorization request
- Navigate to Represent a client on the CRA website.
- Select the CRA Login option if you are already registered. If not, select the CRA Register option and complete the registration process first.
- From the Welcome page, select the Review and update option.
- Select the Manage clients tab. Select the Authorization request option on the tab and follow the instructions.
- Print the signature page for your client to sign.
- Scan and send the signed copy of the signature page to the CRA using the CRA: Submit documents online page.
Preparers will receive authorization and online access to their client's information in five days or less.