If a preparer is an EFILE service provider, they can send TP1 amendments or adjustments online for tax year 2018 on behalf of clients.
Who make amendments or adjustments to TP1 returns?
Preparers can make amendments or adjustments if the following conditions apply:
- The preparer has have ProFile version 2018.4.0 or later (for tax year 2018)
- The initial return was filed online via TP1 Netfile
- The initial return was assessed by RQ
What tax years allow TP1 amendments or adjustments?
Amendments or adjustments for TP1 returns are supported for the 2018 tax year with the latest ProFile version (2018.4.0 or later).
Revise a TP1 return for amendments or adjustments
1. Open ProFile.
2. Open the TP1 return that was previously filed electronically and for which an RQ assessment has been received.
Note: ProFile recommends that preparers save the return as a new file, using the Save As... option from the File drop-down menu in the top toolbar.
3. Enter the new or revised information that mandates an amendment into the return.
4. Navigate to the Info form in the return.
5. Scroll down to the section Provincial Information – Quebec.
6. Select the Yes option for the question Amended return?.
7. Click the blue link named PTF-1C. The form TPF-1.C - Explanations Regarding an Amended Income Tax Return opens.
8. Complete any outstanding form fields and confirm the address and bank information presented is accurate.
9. Navigate to the blank bottom field and describe what has changed on the TP1 return and why.
10. Select the option TP1 Netfile this return... from the EFILE drop-down menu in the top toolbar.
The amended or adjusted TP1 return transmits, and a confirmation is provided.
Frequently asked questions