Users may encounter a Stream read error when trying to open or print 2011 T1 returns:
If the error displays when opening a return
The error displays if the Slips form is open in the 2011 return.
In the R1 2014 version, slips come up blank for 2011 T1 returns, and cause this error to display. This error also causes Form Explorer to appear blank. To resolve the error:
1. Open the Slips form (form contains Summary of Slips):
2. Select Close Form from the Form drop-down menu in the top toolbar.
3. Save, close, and reopen the return.
The Form explorer displays correctly, and the error is no longer encountered.
If the error displays when printing a return
Because ProFile is not able to read Slips, it is unable to print the form. To resolve the error:
1. Select the Form option under the Options drop-down menu in the top toolbar. The Form Selection window displays.
2. Uncheck the Slip Summary option.
3. Click the OK button; printing should now be possible without the error.