For RQ Import and Auto-fill my Return (AFR) use, ProFile strongly recommends following the guidelines below to prevent duplicate entries being imported into a client's tax return.
Using RQ Import
- Navigate to the client's file.
- Select Quebec as the Province on the client's INFO sheet.
- Select the RQ Import option from the File drop-down menu in the top toolbar.
- Complete the fields. An RQ Access Code from Revenu Quebec is required.
- Click Import; the data imports.
Import carry over amounts only from Auto-fill my Return
Auto-fill my Return allows the import of a client's slip data (e.g. T4 and T5). However, RQ Import provides a similar importation of information.
In order to avoid duplication, import only the following data types to prevent duplicated entries from AFR:
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan contribution limit
- Home Buyers' Plan repayment amount
- Lifelong Learning Plan repayment amount
- Non-capital losses
- Capital gains and losses
- Federal tuition, education, and textbook carryover amounts
- Provincial tuition, education, and textbook carryover amounts
- Client Data Enquiry information