A client, either an individual or organization, must be added to a preparer's client list and then invited to join. The client accepts the invitation and becomes active in Intuit Link.
Add a client in Intuit Link
- Log on to the Intuit Link login page for accountants.
- Enter your Inuit user ID and password. If you haven't yet created an Intuit account, click Create an account.
- The Intuit link site displays.
3. Click the Add new client button.
4. Indicate if the client is an Individual or Organization:
- For an Individual, populate the First Name, Last Name, and Email fields. Mobile Phone is an optional field.
- For an Organization, populate the Organization Name and Email fields. Work Phone is an optional field.
5. Click the OK button; the client has been added in client list.
Invite a client to join Intuit Link
After a client has been added to Inuit Link, an invitation must be sent for the client to accept. This action activates the client in the preparer's Intuit Link application.
1. Navigate and log on to the Intuit Link site.
2. Select the Clients link on the left-side menu; the list of clients displays.
3. Identify the client in the list who has been added to Inuit Link but has not yet been invited. This client's status is listed as Not invited in the TYYY PROGRESS column.
4. Click the Invite button under the Actions column.
6. Some fields will be populated automatically; alter these as required to complete the invitation.
7. Click the Send Invite button; the invitation is sent to the client. The client must open the invitation email and click the attached Get Started/ Login link inside to complete the process.
The client status in the TYYY PROGRESS column alters to Invite pending until the client's acceptance via email.
Following the client's acceptance of the invitation, the status in the TYYY PROGRESS column alters to Invite accepted.