ProConnect HelpProfile HelpIntuit

Acquire the T2 Short in ProFile

SOLVEDby IntuitUpdated February 27, 2023

The CRA has two different pre-printed forms:

  • T2 Corporate Income tax return: Any corporation can use this form (eight pages in length)
  • T2 Short Return: This is a simpler version of the T2 Corporate Income tax return. Corporations which meet certain conditions can use this return (two pages in length plus the S1, S8, and S50).

When a corporation uses the CRA's pre-printed forms to file their paper return, they can print any of these forms from CRA site and use it. This, however, does not apply to the computerized software.

As per the CRA's filing requirements, CRA-certified software will only print a 2D barcode which contains all the information entered in the return.  A Corporation must submit this 2D barcode to paper file their return.

For more information, see the ProFile T2 Return Guide.

ProFile only produces the full version of the T2 return. To submit a T2 short, the form can be found, completed, and printed from the CRA's website.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
ProFile Tax

Sign in for the best experience

Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of Profile users.