An error occurs when updating ProFile. The error reads: Autoupdate cannot be run from a workstation client. Please contact your system administrator to update your version of ProFile.
Note: Undertake the following steps carefully when working with the Windows Registry.
- Close ProFile.
- Select the Windows icon in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Enter the term regedit in the search field. The regedit.exe file lists in the window.
- Select regedit.exe; the Registry Editor window opens.
- Select File > Export from the top toolbar.
- Select Desktop from the left-side menu as a destination for the file backup.
- Assign the name Backup in the File name field.
7. Select the Save button; the backup file saves to the desktop.
8. Navigate to the location HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GreenPoint.
9. Identify the GreenPoint folder.
10. Right-click on the GreenPoint folder and rename it as GreenPoint_old.
11. Close the Registry Editor window.