It is possible to create pre-set templates with those options, but there is a limitation unless you set up two options packages.
If you are carrying forward single returns or creating brand new returns, create and save a blank T1 return with CRA online mail and Do you want preparer to get Electronic Notice of Assessment? set to No.
If you are carrying forward coupled returns, create and save a second blank, coupled return, with the same options as listed above on both spouse returns.
- Once both templates are ready, load the first one to Options > Module.
- Click Browse to the right of the Template field.
- Navigate to where you save your returns and select the single template from the list of files.
- Click OK.
- Go to Options > Options Administration and create an options package. Be sure to select option 3. Shared Folder: Ask which options package to load on startup.
- Once done, click OK.
- Go back to Options > Module, and click Browse again. This time, select the coupled template from the list of files.
- Click OK.
- Go back to Options > Options Administration and create a second options package.
By choosing option 3, each time ProFile opens, it will prompt you which package to use. If you are able to predict what kind of returns you will be doing, this is helpful.
You can, at any time, switch options package by going to Options > Options Administration. Select the Options Package and click Load > OK.
From now on, each time you load the software, ProFile will stop during the startup and prompt you to choose which option package you want to use. You can change this option to number 2 at any time by going to Options > Options Administration.