In order to resolve some errors it may be necessary to perform a full (or "clean") uninstall of ProFile.
1. Open the Windows Control Panel".
2. Enter the term "programs and features" in the search bar on the top-right corner. Press <Enter> and click on the top result displayed in green text.
3. Identify the following programs:
4. Click on each program and click the Uninstall button:
The programs uninstall.
Remove print device
1. Open the Windows Control Panel.
2. Enter the term "devices and printers" in the search bar on the top-right corner and press . A list of devices and printers displays.
3. Right-click on the ProFile PDF Export printer option and select the Remove device option.
Manage the Windows registry
Note: undertake the following steps carefully when working with the Windows Registry.
1. Click the Windows icon in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
2. Enter the term "regedit" in the search field.
The regedit.exe file lists in the window.
3. Click regedit.exe; the Registry Editor window opens.
4. Select Export from the File drop-down menu in the top toolbar.
5. Select Desktop from the left-side menu as a destination for the file backup .
6. Assign a name of Backup in the File name field:
7. Click the Save button; the backup file saves to the desktop:
8. Navigate to the location HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareGreenPoint.
Note: if there is no GreenPoint registry, close the Registry Editor window and proceed to section Remove Print Device.
9. Identify the GreenPoint folder:
10. Right-click on the GreenPoint folder and rename it as GreenPoint_old.
11. Close the Registry Editor window.
1. Rename each of the following folders to have the suffix -old. This will for ProFile to generate a new replacement folder. You will need show Hidden Files. This option is under the View menu on the File Explorer:
By default ProFile data is stored in a folder called C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\My ProFile Data. So unless you moved your files into one of the above folders, this will not affect your data.
2. Open the Windows Task Manager.
3. Identify the process ProFile AutoUpdate Host (32 bit):
4. Select the process and click the End task button; the process ends.
5. Rename the following file in the same folder as those renamed above:
Finish the Uninstall
1. Close all windows.
2. Restart the computer.
3. Rename the following folder; you will have one folder or the other on your computer:
C:Program Files (x86)ProFile to C:Program Files (x86)ProFile-old
C:Program FilesProFile to C:Program FilesProFile-old
Note: do not rename the Program Files (x86) folder.
4. Reinstall ProFile.