Running proreg is a common troubleshooting process in ProFile that can often resolve issues use may be experiencing.
There are two parts to running proreg:
1. Exit ProFile.
2. Right-click on the ProFile desktop icon and select the Open file location option.
The Windows Explorer opens.
3. Locate the file proreg in the folder.
4. Right-click on the proreg file and select the Run as administrator option.
The ProFile Module Registration window displays:
5. Click on the Clear all button; the X in the boxes clear.
Note: it may take several minutes for the boxes to clear.
6. If prompted with a message regarding UAC, allow the access. This prompt is generated because of high security settings for User Account Control permissions. If not prompted, continue to the next step below.
7. Click the Register all button; the X in the boxes repopulates.
Note: It may take several minutes for the boxes to repopulate.
8. Locate the entry gpshell.dll from the list of boxes.
9. Uncheck the gpshell.dll box:
10. Close the ProFile Module Registration window.
Get in touch with other Accountants
Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook