Note: The ProFile online backup feature only provides backup for files from the current tax year.
ProFile cannot save entire folders worth of files, only individual files. To backup individual files, each file must be saved individually through the File > Save menu option in ProFile.
In addition, ProFile strongly encourages users to employ an additional backup option (e.g. Google Drive) to ensure the ability to recover files.
About online backup
Online backup takes place via ProFile Review only.
ProFile users are prompted to create an account during the enabling process below if they do not have a ProFile Review account.
Enable online backup
- Open ProFile.
- Select Online Settings from the Online drop-down menu in the top toolbar. The Online Settings window displays.
- Sign in using your ProFile Review account information. If you do not yet have an account, select the Sign In link and select Create an account in the next window.
- Select Enable Online Backup in the Online Backup section.
- Select Enable Cloud Bridge in the Cloud Bridge section.
- Select OK. Online backup is enabled.
Backing up files
- Open the file to be backed up.
- Select Save As from the File menu in the top toolbar. The Save As window displays.
- Ensure that Upload a copy of the file to ProFile Review is selected.
4. Select Save; the file is now backed up.