You may encounter an EFILE error associated specifically with the postal code on a business statement.
The error reads: EFILE # 80014: The postal code entered on the selected financial data (SFD) record is not located in the same province or territory in which your client resided on December 31. However, there is no indication that the income is subject to tax in more than one jurisdiction. Please review the postal code entered on the SFD or indicate the income is subject to tax in more than one jurisdiction.
If the province of residence is the same as employment:
- If it is a carry-forward return, refresh the province by selecting a different province and then re-selecting the correct province; this is a refreshing issue.
- Ensure there are no extra financial statements; select F4 > Used and check the List view to confirm there are no additional statements. If it is a coupled return, check the spousal return.
If the province of residence is not the same as employment:
- Ensure that the T2203 is filled out correctly.
If using T2042 - Statement of Farming Activities:
- Ensure that the particular province has been selected from the dropdown menu; currently, anything may be entered in the province field.
Verify all address information is correct:
- Verify that all address information on the Info page is correct, including taxpayer address, province of residence, and province of self-employment.
- Verify that the address in the T2125 is correct, if applicable.